The Fitness Box Office Report
Here I am addressing a most common issue faced in the gym “The lower back pain”
We have a common tendency to get lower back pain due to the following reasons which we fail to realise in day to day life:
-Stooping all of a sudden to pick up something.
– Trying to reach a higher shelf .
– The habitual stooped posture of sitting or getting up from a chair.
– Hanging heavy purse/Bags on one side of the shoulder which can also lead to scoliosis
– The bad posture of picking things up from the ground by making a complete C shape of your spine towards gravity.
IN GENERAL WHENEVER ANYONE IS RELAXING ,CHANCES ARE HIGHER THAT THE POSTURE OF THE BODY IS NOT GOOD AND THIS CAN LEAD TO GRADUAL SPINE DEGENERATION AND WEAKNESS LEADING TO LOWER BACK PAIN.
All above mentioned postures lead to twisting, rubbing, degeneration, fusing and bulging of discs in the vertebrae (Cervical/Thoracic/Lumbar/Sacrum).
– Try and change day to day habits.
– Add CAT & CAMEL stretch to your body exercise.
– Avoid any exercise with full range of back muscles (e.g. Sit up) or full surface impact aerobics (e.g.Running on road).
– Swimming can do wonders with involving less body weight distribution on back muscles and also helps in toning and strengthening of your over all body muscles.
– Spend more time on warming up (pre- workouts) and cool down stretches (post- workouts) to avoid further injuries.
– Any good bodyoil massage followed by 10-15 minutes in a steam room shall do wonders for the ligaments and tissues by increasing blood flow and oxygen in the tissues.
– Add at least one core stability exercise three times a week.
” YOU WILL GET TEN ADVICES FROM TEN DIFFERENT PEOPLE. TRUST ME YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE OF YOUR OWN BODY. SO START AT LEAST ONE AMONG THE ABOVE AND BRING A CHANGE.”
London, United Kingdom